GET TO KNOW US
Teach Something New Every Day!
UpliftED is our Teacher Training Programme partnering into impoverished communities to empower both the teachers and their preschools to offer a better, more solid foundation in education. We reach into these communities because most of their preschools are under-equipped, have poor facilities and the teachers are untrained. And because we believe in the power of education (a child that gets a good Grade R is 3 times more likely to matriculate).
Currently we run training in 3 areas:
- LOCAL TRAINING: 12-20 preschools a year and their teachers in Olievenhoutbosch
- REGIONAL TRAINING: 8 Training Days for up to 120 women from over 50 centres across Gauteng (eg. Atteridgeville, Cosmo City, Tembisa)
- RURAL TRAINING: quarterly visits & training weeks in Modimolle, Limpopo and Hambrooke, KZN – 8 preschools and their teachers
Our hands-on approach to training offers a holistic approach to uplift Early Learning Centres into strength so they can uplift the standard of education in their communities. Our training includes:
- Regular practical training sessions for teachers (including sessions for principals in effective business management),
- Monitoring and evaluation at each centre to ensure the teachers’ new-found skills are being practiced,
- Resources and educational material given to each participating centre, and
- Accredited Early Childhood Development certification, NQF Level 4, is also available.
In 2018 we trained 156 teachers from Olievenhoutbosch, Diepsloot and other communities. In 2019, we look forward to continuing our work with new centres in these communities, while continuing mentorship and support to previously-trained centres. With thousands of ‘backyard creches’ in Gauteng alone, our work is just beginning! We are passionate about giving equal opportunities for a great education to every child in our community and beyond!
Learning starts in infancy, long before formal education begins, and continues throughout life. Early learning begets later learning and early success breeds later success, just as early failure breeds later failure.
– James J. Heckman
We are passionate about pressing forward, and invite you to JOIN US!
You can uplift one centre, adding value to their programme, their staff, and their children, while building hope and honour in their community.
Funding for training, resources, equipment and so forth comes through corporate and individual donors.
B-BBEE Enterprise Development and Skills Development points eligible!
For our 2019 Needs List