GET TO KNOW US
Teach Something New Every Day!
UpliftED is our Teacher Training Programme partnering into impoverished communities to empower both the teachers and their preschools to offer a better, more solid foundation in education. We reach into communities like Olievenhoutbosch, where many preschools are under-equipped, have poor facilities and the teachers are untrained.
Currently we run for 3 training areas.
- LOCAL TRAINING :weekly training with bi-weekly monitoring and evaluation into 12-20 centres Olievenhoutbosch.
- REGIONAL TRAINING: full training days on 6-8 Saturdays throughout each year for 100-120 women from over 50 centres across Gauteng beyond the local area.
- PROVINCIAL TRAINING: training visits of several days each taken monthly to different ‘Satellite Training Centre’ locations (currently Modimolle, Limpopo and Hambrooke, Kwa-Zulu Natal)
Our hands-on approach to training offers a holistic approach to uplift Early Learning Centres into strength so they can uplift the standard of education in their communities. Our training includes:
- Practical training sessions with effective curriculum that helps teaches reach and enrich Foundation Phase standards, (including sessions for principals in effective business management),
- Monitoring and evaluation at each centre (LOCAL centres receive M&E visits every two weeks, REGIONAL and PROVINCIAL centres receive M&E visits 1-2 times per quarter)
- Resources designated to each participating centre (educational materials)
- Early Childhood Development certification, NQF Level 4, also available.
In 2018 trained 156 teachers from Olievenhoutbosch, Diepsloot and other communities. In 2019, we look forward to continuing our work with new centres in these communities, while continuing mentorship and support to previously-trained centres. With thousands of ‘backyard creches’ in Gauteng alone, our work is just beginning! We are passionate about giving equal opportunities for a great education to every child in our community and beyond!
Learning starts in infancy, long before formal education begins, and continues throughout life. Early learning begets later learning and early success breeds later success, just as early failure breeds later failure.
– James J. Heckman
We are passionate about pressing forward, and invite you to JOIN US!
You can uplift one centre, adding value to their program, their staff, and their children, while building hope and honour in their community.
Funding for training, resources, equipment and so forth comes through corporate and individual donors.
B-BBEE Enterprise Development and Skills Development points eligible!
For our 2019 Needs List