Botshabelo Babies Home – Annual Kiddies Carnival
Preparations are well underway for Botshabelo’s annual Christmas Market, Twilight Carols and Kiddies Carnival.
Featuring an array of stalls with diverse offerings ranging from good food and great gifts, and entertainment for young and old, this three-in-one outdoor event is the highlight of the year for the team, the little ones in our care, and all who join in on the fun.
Hosted in conjunction with Urban Life Church, this festive annual event takes place at Botshabelo Babies Home, 64 Main Road (R55) in Crowthorne, Midrand on 27 November from 5pm to 9pm.
More than just a festive year-end gathering, this is also a huge fundraising initiative toward our Babies Home, where we care for young children who have been abandoned, given up for adoption or removed from their families. We aim to look after these children in the best way possible – and work closely with their social workers to ensure that each child is placed in a Forever Family, either through adoption or reunification.
You can help! We are calling on individuals and companies to sponsor or donate towards a carnival ride, which costs from R2 000 to R5 000 each. We issue Tax Receipts and BEE certificates to all sponsors (where applicable), and offer marketing space at the event in exchange.
What your sponsorship means
The Carnival is the main attraction at this family-friendly outing, and ensures hours of fun for the little ones. For only R80, each child is given a bracelet that allows for participation in the entire carnival, including:
- Unlimited rides on the Bungee Ride (4 kids at a time, each on separate trampolines);
- Unlimited tries at each of the 10 booths offering games like ladder golf, toilet bowl toss, ping pong water gun, putt putt, Sponge Toss, Little Kickers Soccer Fun, etc) at which they can also earn prizes.
- Unlimited access to the Clamber Club
- A face painting session
- A DIY treat (kids decorate their own ‘Christmas Tree’ – an upside down ice cream cone, which the child ices with green icing and decorates with candy) and a
- A DIY craft (decorating a Pine Cone with glitter glue, pompoms, etc).
For an additional R20, kids can also have their pics taken with Father Christmas.
Anyone and everyone can come out to support this festive fundraiser: bring your kids to play play play, join in our Carols by Twilight at 7pm and shop for your Christmas gifts at our Market by Moonlight, which offers a selection of toys, books, gifts and more.
We promise a great evening out for the whole family… it couldn’t be easier to give back!
Botshabelo was founded 14 years ago out of a burning passion to meet the desperate need for a place of safety, support and resources for the local Olievenhoutbosch community. The Babies Home, Urban Kids Educentre and offices are situated on a 20-acre property at 64 on Main, Midrand. This non-profit organisation is passionate about transforming children’s lives through excellent education and residential careand does so threefold with its:
1) Babies Home for orphaned and abandoned babies, providing a loving home environment until they are placed with their Forever Family
2) Preschool for children from underprivileged and emerging families
3) Early Childhood Education (ECD) Training Program for teachers in Olievenhoutbosch creches
For more info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
By: Lucinda Jordaan