Mandela Day 2015 with Botshabelo…
We’re less than 2 months away from one of our FAVOURITE days of the year… MANDELA DAY!!
Every year we celebrate this incredible day of selfless giving and generosity with much gladness! We love to witness South Africans coming together to add value to our nation, to give back and to honour Madiba’s wonderful legacy! We’d love to celebrate with you again this year… here’s the details:
With Mandela Day falling on a Saturday this year, we have decided to create 2 opportunities for companies, families and individuals to get involved – there’s something for everyone.
Friday 17 July @ Botshabelo (9am to 3pm)
- Help us fill 67m2 with donations for those in need – all in honour of Mandela! Bring along your donations of groceries, baby toiletries, nappies, formula, stationery, educational toys and clothes. Find the FULL Needs List Here… Needs List Botshabelo Mandela Day (1)
- Companies/groups can get involved in some projects around our organisation. Find the details here: Mandela Day at Botshabelo 2015 (1)
- Coffee & Cake will be on sale (proceeds to Botshabelo)
Saturday 18 July @ Carlswald Shopping Centre, Midrand (9am to 3pm)
- Fill 67m2 in honour of Madiba! Bring along your donations of groceries, baby toiletries, nappies, formula, stationery, educational toys and clothes. You can find our Needs List Here… Needs List Botshabelo Mandela Day (1)
- We will be marking out 67m2 in the parking lot of Carlswald Shopping Centre where you can bring your donations, or add to our square after you’ve visited Spar or Dischem. We’ll have stalls where you can purchase educational equipment for our Training Programme to add to the square too!
- Spar and Dischem have enthusiastically joined the initiative and will offer you great opportunities to purchase items for our square! There’ll be R67 packs at Spar, and Botshabelo items as well as a Gift Card option at Dischem. If you’re planning to shop anywhere on the 18th, why not come to Carlswald, make your mark on Mandela Day and get your shopping done too!
All of the donations we receive on Mandela Day will go to children and families in need. The items will be distributed to the children through our Babies Home, Preschool and Training Programmes. These items will benefit over 16 preschools, 700 children, 20 teachers and many other families in need. Through Mandela Day 2014 we were able to impact hundreds of lives with food parcels, stationery and so much more – we aim to reach more people this year and impact our city for good!
If you take the time to gather up and shop for donations, come through to drop them off, interact with our staff, have a coffee and head home you’ll have spent 67 minutes giving back on Mandela Day! Its the perfect way to commemorate the occasion!
We hope you’ll join us in honouring Mandela this year – we’d so appreciate your support!
If you’d like more details or information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us! You can email Michelle, email@example.com or call us on 011 702 2141