Mandela Day at Botshabelo
If you are an individual or family, or a corporate team looking for somewhere to invest time and goods on Mandela Day, we’re so glad you’ve found us! We could really use your support this Mandela Day! Here you’ll see all the options available for you to get involved with…but let’s first share some statistics with you…
- We reach roughly 600 beneficiaries (mostly children between the ages of birth and 6 years old) every single week!
- We use 4,7 litres of formula in the Babies Home every DAY!
- We use up to 72 000 nappies a YEAR!
- Our school makes nearly 190 sandwiches every WEEK!
We’ll stop there, give you a chance to take it all in…
Now, read on, find out how you can support us on this monumental day, Mandela Day 2014. We hope that it will be a memorable day for you – and that you will be inspired to take action and make a change…making everyday a Mandela Day!
Below are the plans for Mandela Day at Botshabelo this year.
Fill 67m2 in honour of Madiba’s 67 years spent serving our country (You can find the Needs List here)
- Donate items for our Babies Home
- Cash donations – R67 covers bread for a week, R670 covers milk for a month & R6 700 covers equipment for a preschool teacher
- Donate items for our preschool programmes
- Donate food parcels for families in need
- Supplement your donation with your second hand clothes and household items
EVERY donation makes a difference, every item brought to us will be put to good use, distributed quickly to those in need and will help us to carry on caring for our children with the highest standards. It’s at Mandela Day that we realize afresh how generous our nation is – and we cannot tell you how grateful we are for your help on this day!
Practically speaking, if you load up all the goodies you have to donate, drive through to Botshabelo, drop off the donation, take some photographs and hear about our organisation, jump back in the car and head home, it will take you roughly 67 minutes! You can know that you’ve done your bit on the day.
There will be coffee on sale at our premises on Mandela Day – with the proceeds of coffee sales coming to Botshabelo. So be sure to bring your cash along – it’ll be the best coffee you’ve had in Jozi!
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch with us, email email@example.com or contact us and we’ll set you up for a Mandela Day to be remembered!